When the issue of housing design becomes relevant, every nuance is especially important. Let's pay attention to a great option for wall cladding: decorative Venetian plaster, which can be either an addition to the finished interior design, since its texture and general appearance are perfectly combined with classic and baroque, or be the best basis for creating a new look of the room. If you prefer the second option, then under the Venetian floor choose furniture and decor in the apartment.
Each type of Venetian marbled plaster is good and beautiful in its own way, characterized by high quality and exquisite decorative effect.
Among the primary colors that are chosen for Venetian plaster in the bedroom are natural tones that imitate the surface of natural stone: white, beige, emerald, yellow-brown, gray.
Green, blue, gold, bronze and silver palettes are also common.
The composition of this finishing material includes all the same components as a few centuries ago, but now the masters prefer synthetics as additives, and this, in turn, spoils the image of such a natural composition.
When should you give preference to Venetian plaster?
- If you need to arrange beautifully large vertical and horizontal surfaces: large rooms, staircases.
- If there are animals in the house that can spoil other more delicate types of cladding.
- The interior idea is to draw attention to certain elements of the decor, and the walls should be neutral, made in soothing colors.
Venetian plaster application technology
Putting the Venetian plaster is the laborious process demanding certain knowledge and skills. Observing a specific technology, such a plaster for wet silk will turn any room into a luxurious housing, which can be supplemented with the most daring interior solutions.
Before you finish decorating Venetian plaster, it is necessary to prepare the surface, align the walls to a perfect condition.
After you apply a special primer and let it dry well. The preparatory stage should be taken very seriously, since this is a guarantee that we can avoid defects in the process of applying the material and creating the desired texture.
The second layer is chaotic and asymmetric strokes, which should be done very carefully and most importantly quickly. From the technology of movement of the spatula and the force of pressure of the tool depends on the effect that should be expected. Each subsequent layer impose, intersecting with the previous one. And they, connecting with each other, create a pattern in appearance similar to natural stone.
- Smooth surface. Many plasters are characterized by the fact that there is an unpleasant sensation of touch, they are rough to the touch. Marble Venetian plaster - smooth, sliding, it is impossible to scratch it.
- Resistant to mechanical stress and damage. In this case, do not touch it with a dirty hand, scratch it or damage it.
- Smooth transitions and lack of joints. Since the imposition of each layer occurs evenly and gradually, the appearance of the wall looks whole.
- Walls can be washed and cleaned. It is better not to expose such plaster to high humidity, but it can withstand washing with water or soapy water. If necessary, you can brush it.
- Universal application, as it is applied on the brickwork, and on the concrete base, and on the tree.
- Venetian plaster in the kitchen will mask all the irregularities, flaws in the walls.
- This type of wall covering is durable, not inferior in its characteristics to stone or ceramic tile.
- Safe coating of walls, as there are no toxic components in the composition of Venetian plaster. Also, it does not emit a smell.
- Plaster "silk" fire-resistant.
- If necessary, if a piece of wall is damaged, it can be restored.
- The design is diverse in color and in appearance.
The main disadvantages of Venetian plaster
The high cost of work and materials. To plaster lay on the wall with high quality, meticulously, artistically, the application must carry out its application. In addition, it creates an individual and exclusive design of the hall, done by hand.