Violet can be attributed to the classic color, but it is not often used for interior decoration. Although it has many shades, but all of its tones are rather dark and saturated. It occurred by merging fiery red and icy blue. Therefore, purple is quite difficult to enter into the interior, because not everyone will be psychologically comfortable in the environment of such a controversial color. But, the right combination produces a real sensation! The room is completely transformed and becomes refined, spectacular, alluring.
To decide to use such a complex tone in the interior, you need to know its features:
- Visually, this shade removes space, despite the fact that it is quite dark. However, it is undesirable to use it in small rooms.
- All colors of this spectrum visually reduce the volume, making any surface more elegant. It is a weighting color that also needs to be considered.
- The temperature refers to the cold saturated colors, so it is desirable to combine with cold, but unsaturated paints. It can also be attributed to blackout colors. In order for the room not to look gloomily use brightening shades.
- This color scheme does not refer to the shades that encourage the action, rather to be calm and relaxing with a small concentration in the interior. Psychologically it causes a feeling of mystery, hidden excitement, nostalgic mood. At the same time, it stimulates the imagination and the sixth sense, releases creative impulses, but in no way contributes to logical and rational analysis.
- Because of its psychological influence, it is not suitable for the design of a study, but it is ideal for bedrooms, living rooms, and rooms for relaxation. In the bedroom, this color will relieve the irritation accumulated during the day, pacify and improve the quality of sleep. However, in too large an abundance can cause depressive moods.
- Used to create interiors in the styles of modern, pop art, futurism, hi-tech, Victorian image.
The most successful combinations
Violet shades are not often found in wildlife. You can see this rich color in some petals, natural precious stones and minerals, and among the pigmentation of mollusks. Therefore, it is important to correctly connect with other paints and not to cause psychological rejection of the room.
The bedrooms look good in monochrome colors, where many shades of blue, blue, lilac, pink and various purple intonations are combined. Such a technique will allow you to create a gradient over the surface of the walls, add saturation with the help of curtains, play with shades on the ceiling and floor, and choose pillows of different color and size. The bedroom will play, like a noble stone in the world, with the most incredible colors.
Bright and spectacular rooms look where everything is built on contrasts with orange, yellow and even red. When combined with red, preference should not be given to hot tones, but rather saturated, but calm. The fiery colors will make the room somewhat dramatic and oppressive, it will be very difficult to spend time in it. Soft pastel notes fit much better. Soft plastic colors on the walls, furniture and curtains will make the interior warmer and more comfortable.
Many interior experts recommend using purple as an accent rather than the main motive of the room. This will help not to create dark, melancholic moods, and bring the necessary showiness and nobility. This color is expensive, rich impression. And it is recommended to use it the same way as any expensive item - in moderation.
Since this color scheme came into use not so long ago, it is often used in extravagant styles of modern and futurism. When modern is usually selected everything in a minimalist direction, combining only a few colors. For futurism, such restrictions are not taken, and the room can even have a space design. This is well suited when creating a bedroom for a teenage boy.
For fans of unusual designs often used neon elements. Such a technique is allowed in the design of rooms in pop art and high-tech directions. These areas combine purple with acid yellow and pink elements. The room will not look residential, but for noisy parties will be indispensable.
Lovers of antiquity often decorate their bedrooms in the Victorian style. These are always people of creativity. Among them are poets, artists, musicians. Sometimes, just collectors and art lovers. A bedroom in this style will be good in an old mansion, where at least a few more rooms will be designed in the same manner.