From the appearance of cracks in the ceiling, alas, no one is insured, with very few people know what to do. Such a defect spoils the appearance of the entire premises, not to mention the most recently made repairs. Usually cracks appear in the butt spots of two concrete slabs of a building, but even plasterboard structures are prone to such a problem.
Before you seal the crack in the ceiling, you need to determine the exact cause of their occurrence. It usually appears as a result of:
- Shrinkage at home;
- Sudden changes in temperature;
- Low-quality repair work.
If the house is newly built, the cracks in the ceiling appear due to the shrinkage of the building. In this case, it is not recommended to gloss over them. Repair is best done in 3-4 years.
First you need to clean the damaged area of exfoliating elements. If this is not corrected, then the crack will be hidden for a while.
Do not be afraid to reveal the entire problem area, even if a lot of plaster falls. It is better to hide the defect effectively once, than to perform unplanned repairs several times. The works on sealing the cracks that appear are very dusty, so it is better to pre-cover furniture, appliances and other valuable items with film.
This way to remove cracks is considered the most common. For better puttying it is necessary to widen the defect. Formed "pits" should be well cleaned from dust and dirt, then moisten with water.
To seal the cracks in the ceiling with a putty, you need to apply the material in the smallest portions several times. The amount of putty used will depend on the depth of the pothole.
Features bookmark layers putty:
- The first portion of the mixture to cover the bottom of the crack;
- The second portion should be distributed so that it fills 65-70% of the ceiling gap along the entire length;
- The last layer and its grout are flush with the surface of the panel.
Each of the layers should be laid only after complete drying of the previous work.
If there is a crack in the ceiling after the repair, then a good sealant will correct the situation. This repair option is considered effective in rooms where there is a high risk of leakage. In this case, preference should be given to moisture-resistant compositions, the structure of which resembles rubber. Such material will last longer than the mounting foam.
Plasterboard ceiling cracks
The most popular material for the decoration of rooms is considered to be drywall, because it is possible to create a perfectly flat surface. Despite all the advantages of the plasterboard ceiling, you need to know how to eliminate the defects, since there is no absolute guarantee that no cracks will appear in the slab.
Most often in the renovated ceiling cracks appear for such reasons:
- In the process of shrinkage of the building;
- The use of dowels that can not withstand the load sheet;
- Incorrect installation of the U-shaped profile;
- Error mounting GCR, which was not fixed immediately;
- The ceiling surface was not primed;
- Flooding the top floor.
Before you remove the cracks in the ceiling, you need to carefully prepare the surface.
To understand whether the ceiling will deform further, you need to paste paper beacons on the crack. If in a couple of days they do not burst, then you can repair the cracks in the ceiling.
- If during the installation of the frame were made mistakes, you will have to change large portions of the ceiling.
- If you need to strengthen the frame, then you need to remove the entire GCR. In such cases, the repair of an unfilled crack is made by creating a primary ceiling. The new surface should be flush with the other sheets, and the joints require careful sealing.
- If you need to repair the ceiling crack, then it must first be embroidered using a knife and a spatula. As a result of the jointing, the crack should be increased to approximately 10 mm in width.
- After this, it is necessary to clean the extreme part of the crack. This is done to better fix the putty on the surface of the drywall sheet.
Before performing repair work, the gap formed and the surrounding plane must be cleaned of dust and the ceilings must be primed.
Material for sealing cracks HL
In order to eliminate cracks on the ceiling of drywall, you can use a simple putty, which is glued with a special tape. There are specialized putty mixtures that do not require self-adhesive tape.
Specialized putty differs best grip. After complete drying, it becomes very hard. This option is best suited for fixing cracks and crevices on the gypsum ceiling.
In the process of performing plastering work, you need to press the spatula to the ceiling as much as possible. This is necessary to prevent the appearance of irregularities. The end result should be an ideal ceiling without cracks, which will not stand out against the background of the main gypsum board.
Seal the gap on the surface of the ceiling is necessary only after the complete drying of the putty. In the worst case, the defect will increase and become much more serious.
Pre-processed gap coated primer. After a few hours, a putty is applied with a wide trowel.